Beyond Predictable #4 | Embracing your limitations can transform your future
Understanding the right moment to change the course of your future requires self-perception to embrace limitations and rewrite the paths that will lead you beyond what’s predictable. Here at VTEX, we foster a culture that promotes autonomy for all individuals, allowing them to learn from their mistakes and develop a future-proof career.
In the fourth episode of Beyond Predictable, George Brindeiro is back to host an inspiring conversation with Guilherme Rodrigues, our Director of Performance Enablement. Guilherme has been part of VTEX for almost a decade now, working in multiple strategic initiatives throughout his career as a Software Engineer. We’ll explore how his interests evolved with the organization and led him to shift the focus of his impact — from building future-proof solutions and systems, to nurturing a culture of Integrity and Leadership.
Guilherme Rodrigues has a degree in Information Technology from PUC-RJ, and for the last 8 years, he has worked in several product teams within VTEX, leading and contributing to the development of solutions that were important for the growth and scale of our global operations, such as Smartcheckout and VTEX IO. Today, Guilherme is Partner and Director of Performance Enablement at VTEX, leading our internal communication strategies with a focus on helping all our teams to achieve their highest performance.
George Brindeiro has a degree in Robotics Engineering from the University of Brasilia, and is a passionate advocate for education, startups, and technology. He is currently Head of Education & Documentation at VTEX, building documents and guides to lead our customers to success and enable our global expansion.
Listen to the podcast here:
These are some of the insights from the interview:
- Fear is the enemy of transformation. Whether it is choosing grad courses, moving countries, pitching ideas, or shifting career lanes – it takes boldness to take a stand and take a risk, but that is the only path to an outcome that is beyond what’s already a given.
- At the same time, mere change is not transformation. A different result is not always a good result. A transformed future emerges from the humility to learn which wrong assumptions led to failure, tempered with the patience to discern which outcomes are failures even when they seemed great at first glance.
- Failure is a harsh but rewarding teacher. A learning curve involves lows, dives and divots – make sure your environment lets you apply the teachings that failure has to offer because they lay the groundwork of any future you set out to build.
- What you believe is true limits what reality can be for you. Preconceived notions are the kind of noise that can drown a conversation in interference and fate it to tear at the seams in tension with reality. The biases we carry into our decisions are weight that only piles up – it’s more efficient to unload them at the door.
- Laying blame is a very comfortable losing game. If everything around you is going to shambles yet nothing seems to be your fault, isn’t it time to make something be on you?
Beyond Predictable is a bi-weekly podcast that is also available on all major podcast streaming services. Follow us and don’t miss the next conversations that build a future beyond what’s predictable!