VTEX Continues its Momentum in the U.S., Plans to Double its Team in 2021 Following Year of Record GrowthJanuary 11, 2021
NEW YORK, January 11, 2021 – VTEX, the world’s first and only marketplace and commerce solution delivering rapid time-to-revenue, announced today three key hires and plans to double its U.S. team in 2021.
In addition to selecting its chief marketing officer, VP of engineering and VP of sales, VTEX has grown its U.S.-based team to 50 members since opening a Manhattan office in 2020. The company’s investment in expanding its U.S. team will support the rapidly growing number of customers and partners in North America.
Last year, VTEX announced key customer wins across B2B and B2C brands such as AB InBev, Stanley Black & Decker, bisco industries, St. Croix and more.
The ecommerce and marketplace platform heavily invested in building its customer success team along with key hires and processes. As a result:
- U.S. customer GMV grew 1,274% YoY compared to the same period last year
- December 2020 sales show 342% YoY growth compared to December 2019
- Overall customer base has grown by 30%
VTEX was also elevated to the ‘Visionary’ category on Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Digital Commerce as well as named to the ‘Leader’ category on IDC MarketScape’s Worldwide B2C Digital Commerce Platforms 2020 Vendor Assessment. This is all on top of VTEX’s two funding rounds in the last 10 months which totaled $365 million, elevating it to the coveted tech unicorn status with a $1.7 billion valuation.
“VTEX has grown astronomically in 2020, and we want to ensure we have a team large and robust enough to support our continued growth,” said Amit Shah, U.S. general manager and chief strategy officer at VTEX. “As we win more global customers and earn more industry recognition, we need to invest more in our own people. Doubling our team next year will enable us to support our customers even more and connect with prospects more easily.”
VTEX’s latest key hires are:
- Jared Blank, CMO. Blank was brought onto the VTEX team to continue raising awareness for the company’s U.S. presence and to further demonstrate VTEX’s commitment to bringing commerce practitioners to the executive team. Blank has extensive experience in the marketing space and in digital commerce. Prior to joining VTEX, he held senior marketing roles at Doodle and Bluecore, and before that, as the VP of ecommerce at Tommy Hilfiger.
- Ben Hussey, VP of sales. Hussey is focused on supporting the sales team, particularly on the east coast, in demonstrating VTEX’s value to prospects. Hussey also has a strong ecommerce and sales background. He comes to VTEX directly from Elastic Path as its VP of global sales, where he worked for three years. He also worked at MyWebGrocer and SAP Hybris in ecommerce sales roles after a role as ecommerce director at Rogers Communications.
- Emeka Nwosu, VP of solutions engineering. At VTEX, Nwosu oversees solutions engineering activities with enterprise prospects who are looking to leverage VTEX’s platform to drive growth within their organizations. Nwosu previously worked as the head of solutions engineering in enterprise and commerce at Productsup, and has also held roles at MyWebGrocer, SAP Hybris and Oracle.
“I’m excited to be joining a team that has such immense potential for growth,” said Blank. “I have a strong background in ecommerce having worked at Tommy Hilfiger for a few years, so I know what it’s like to be in our customers’ shoes, and I’m confident I can support them in their search for the ecommerce and marketplace platform that’s best for them.”