Beyond Predictable #6 – Communication turns possibilities into realities
VTEX is a global leader in digital solutions for enterprises, a position that we reached after more than 20 years of forward-thinking business. Since 2018, we have been growing at exponential rates in every possible sense — our net worth, our team, our customer base, and, of course, our product catalog.
With more than 4,000 VTEX IO apps, nearly 100 microservices, and products that cover every business need from online purchase to product delivery or inventory management, VTEX has expanded its excellence to new horizons.
How can we make sure customers access all of that innovative tech in a natural and efficient way? That is the challenge of the Product Marketing team, led by Lucas Bacic and Cassiane Vilvert, the guests in today’s episode of Beyond Predictable. Join them in a thought-provoking conversation with George Brindeiro about the role of Product Marketing as a new area in a growing company, the opportunities that clear communication creates for products and people, and the future they’re designing at VTEX.
Cassiane is a journalist and has been working in Communications, Marketing and Growth for over five years. She is currently Product Marketing Manager at VTEX, where she transforms digital products into stories worth telling to the market and to customers.
George Brindeiro has a degree in Robotics Engineering from the University of Brasilia, and is a passionate advocate for education, startups, and technology. He is currently Head of Education & Documentation at VTEX, building documents and guides to lead our customers to success and enable our global expansion.
Lucas Bacic is currently Product Marketing Leader at VTEX, uniting strategy and design to develop positioning for brands and tech products. He is a designer and former founder of Savia Design&Branding, an award-winning design studio.
A full transcript of the episode is available below, as well as the following insights from the conversation:
- A career doesn’t need to be linear to be fulfilling. It’s fine to try a little bit of everything, especially as you’re figuring out what your best assets are. Just make sure you learn something of value from each experience and offer your best as you go.
- Communication turns possibilities into realities. Talk to your peers. Talk to your professors and to professionals you admire. Talk to your clients and the competition’s clients. Talk to the competition! Of course, there’s a time and a place for every conversation to be productive, but transformation can only happen when you’re willing to reach out to people.
- Proof is more effective than concept to make a pitch. From a new area in the company to a different way to code a feature (and anything in between and beyond), you can convince people that something works very effectively when you can show them a concrete example of your idea.
- High performance means a non-stop learning experience. There is always something else to know — a bit of information you didn’t catch before, a technology that was just created, a concept you have to explain to someone… Curiosity is more than a trait; it’s a necessity for delivering excellent results.
- The room you’re given to grow is both a prize and a responsibility. Earning the space to explore new frontiers feels amazing, but each step further creates more attachments and deliverables that you’re accountable for. Satisfying the demands you create requires a keen sense of priority and strong commitment.